I’ve been reflective about what I’m thankful for this holiday season. There are a lot of terrible things going on in the States right now, and those things have been distracting me from the basics.
Thinking back over the past year, I’m thankful:
- For my new home. I’m loving my apartment and life in St. Pete.
- To have adopted Bubo. Rusty may not share my enthusiasm for the new addition, but Bubo adds vitality to the household.
- To have created my Etsy site. I’ve only made two sales thus far, but I’m excited to have a place to sell my art and crafts.
- The blog has been going for 3 years!
- For my students. They make me laugh every day I see them.
- Friends and family who support me in all of the many ways they do.
- For learning that mashed potatoes are best when mixed with sour cream and horseradish. (Dad would have loved that recipe!)
- To learn about and volunteer for NOMAD Art Bus, a great organization that offers art for all. Seeing kids’ (and adults’) faces light up when they paint that bus is really something. (And if you want to help NOMAD offer art to all in the Tampa Bay area, they need a new bus. All contributions are most appreciated.)
- That I get to listen to Over the Rhine, Matt Bednarsky, Kira Small, Vince Guaraldi, Barry Manilow, Bette Midler, Nat King Emerald Rose holiday songs again.
Oh, there’s more I could write, but I guess that’s a good start. It’s good to be alive, even with all of the bigger-scale shenanigans going on.
I hope everyone has a happy holiday season!!