I’m not much for New Year’s resolutions. In the living daringly style, I don’t think you need to wait until January 1 to start making changes to your life. But there’s no denying that the end of one year and the start of a new one is certainly a time of reflection. During that reflection I’ve realized that I need to hop back on the health horse.
I think I started celebrating the holidays before Thanksgiving. I quit watching my diet. I stopped running as often. Perhaps I imbibed a bit more than I should.
A month and a half of that has made me realize it’s time. I’m about 10 lbs from where I should be as far as the healthy weight spectrum goes. More importantly, I can feel it. I feel sluggish.
I have a few goals in mind in this renewed health effort:
- Meditate every morning before work for at least 15 minutes.
- Run at least 3 times per week.
- Practice yoga at least once a week for at least 30 minutes.
- Track my diet and calories in MyFitnessPal.
- Cut out much of the processed crap I’ve been eating as of late.
That’s a lot to take on all at once, so I’ll take it as it comes. But this is what I’m going to strive for.
Good luck to those of you who have committed to your own New Year’s resolutions!